I don’t know about you, but personally, I will be glad to see the back of 2016.
2017 is a brand new start for my little family. My partner is in a new job, my son will be starting full time school in September and me… well I’m going put everything I have into this blog and take it seriously.
For me, blogging is an escape. Here I get to sit and ramble on about whatever is on my mind and not feel judged at all for it. Even if nobody was actually reading what I post, I would still continue to write post just as an outlet for my thoughts.
I have high hopes for 2017. I’m hoping we will finally get on top of our debts and become a little more financially secure. At the age of 28, I was hoping I would have it all figured out by now; married, children, house and be financially secure. Of course, life doesn’t always go as planned, but of course things can always be turned around so long as you’re willing to try.
So, I thought it would be a nice little idea to make a list of some of the things that I would like to do and or achieve in 2017.
- As I said earlier, I would like to pay off some of my debts and become more financially secure. Money troubles cause so much friction in a relationship and you feel so much pressure to constantly accept overtime to earn extra money just to stay afloat. I will be happy to have some spare money so that we can enjoy more family time together.
2. This year, I am going to allow myself to take more time for me. Being a working mother, sometimes it just feels like its, get up, school run, go home, clean up, pick child up from school, go to work, come home, make tea, tidy up, get a bath and finally go to bed. This year, I am going to allow myself a little more time in the evenings to actually blow dry my hair or paint my nails. Even if it is just one hour per night where I do something that I want to do, i feel like i will feel a lot better.
3. This year, I would love to become more organised. I am a terrible mess of a person who is always running out of the door half dressed with a flask in my hand. Juggling my home/work life is becoming increasingly more unorganised and I really need to sort this out.
4. I would like to get some advice on my mental health. I am suffering with anxiety more frequently, which is why I started blogging again as writing things out, even if I don’t publish them helps. I think taking care of yourself is very important and this is one thing that I have been putting off for too long.
5. I would like to take this blog more seriously. I really do enjoy just rambling on whenever something sparks my interest or showing new products that I have purchased or even giving advice. In 2017 I am going to create myself a proper posting schedule and make plans for posts. Hopefully this will keep me motivated and keep me excited to share things with you.
Sorry if this has been me babbling on, there are just some things that I needed to get off my chest out there.
What are your goals for 2017?
Let me know down in the comments. I would love to hear from you =)